Friday 17 September 2021

Doctor Julius No

Now that I've convinced myself these are my takes on Bond villains and not just portraits of the actors that played them, I feel liberated and am going to spend another day on them.

First up is Doctor No, originally played by Joseph Wiseman.  After studying a source photo and liking both the black in his artificial hand and the purple shadows against his neutral coloured top, I thought I'd limit the colours in this one.  There are just black, yellow, purple, two flesh tones and two greys in there.  The yellow and purple contrast nicely against each other and all the white in his face makes him look less than human.  He also reminds me of my secondary school headmaster (RIP Dr Crellin) - it's interesting to see these extra characters slipping in and contaminating these portraits.

I do like this one.  It's not going up for sale just yet, instead being added to the Bond villain collection that I'm building up.

No comments:

Post a Comment