Thursday 16 September 2021

Auric Goldfinger

I might have only awarded that Emily Ball book one palette but it has got me mood to do some portraits and, in particular to try to get the gaze right.

First up is Goldfinger, played by Gert Fröbe.  I quite enjoyed this one.  I could see lots of light blues and light and dark greens in Gert's skintones, which meant I could throw in some impressionistic colours.  Some of the light green bits almost look gold, which seems appropriate.

I still have that freebie magenta-coloured Tonbow marker sitting in my marker wallet with no allocated spot and the OCD in me won't be happy until it's been used up.  So I used it to add all those random squiggles in the background.  I think they look good.

It's an interesting portrait but I've not caught Gert's likeness or gaze.  If anything I get an Idi Amin vibe coming from it, which is weird.  This isn’t going up for sale but might at some point end up as part of a Bond villain collection if I can do a set of portraits that work well together.

<Renamed from Gert Fröbe to Auric Goldfinger.  Makes sense given the lack of likeness.>

No comments:

Post a Comment