Saturday 25 September 2021

JenB, Taking A Breather

Not feeling inspired enough to dig out the watercolours or oil pastels today, so I've been doing some figure drawing with the inktense pencils.  This is the fifth time I've drawn JenB but I'm still struggling to capture her essence on the paper.

For colours, I tried a combination of bark, leaf green, fuchsia, iris blue and mustard.  I started with bark in the darkest places, then moved on to the red, blue and green.  I tried to generally have blue on surfaces pointing to the left and red on surfaces pointing to the right.  And green went wherever I fancied some extra colour.  The mustard was added at the end in the edges of highlighted areas (with the paper left white in the middle).

I added some extra colour in a second coat, mainly on Jen's right arm, which had been looking a little like an elongated flag of green, white and red, and on her face to try to bring out some features.  I'm not impressed with the face though.  I've cropped out the nose but that's still an ugly looking mouth - I think I'll crop out as much as possible of that mouth if I ever frame this one.

I'm going to put this one in the shop window.  I think the colours worked out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment