Tuesday 21 September 2021

Rosa Klebb

I'm up early to finish off the Bond villains collection.  So here's Rosa Klebb, played by Lotte Lenya in From Russia With Love.  I'm a bit shocked to discover that Lotte was born in the 19th century.  That makes me feel old.

The gun toting pose and the red background were chosen specially to be different to other drawings in the collection.  I do like the pose, giving me the chance to include some sweeping curves.

And, although this does fit in nicely with the rest of the collection (and a version of the collection including Klebb is up for sale), I don't like it.  The likeness is the worst so far, and for someone with very distinctive looks.  In fact it looks more like a guy in drag.  This feels like a failure.  It's time to call for villain number 9 to take her place…

No comments:

Post a Comment