Saturday 28 December 2019

Winsor & Newton Promarkers

These beasts were waiting for me on Christmas morning.  They're all Winsor & Newton Promarkers with a chisel head at one end and a pointy one at the other.  There's the 12 marker "Set 1" at the back, which came with the blender pen at the front thrown in.  And there's a set of six flesh tones and one of six neutral tones at the front (because I'm an artist, not a connoisseur of colouring books).  And a really cool Winsor & Newton carrying case.  There are two duplicated colours (black and one of the greys) but that's not a problem.

I'm looking forward to giving them a go, with some day trips out to draw buildings or, if it's too cold, to draw people from the comfort of a coffee shop.  I've ordered an A5 Strathmore Bristol smooth pad and some A4 Winsor & Newton bleedproof marker paper.  I'll experiment with both but I've already seen the W&N paper and it's really thin like printer paper so I suspect that the Strathmore pad may end up as the long term solution,

No comments:

Post a Comment