Wednesday 4 March 2020

Henry Fonda, Once Upon A Time In The West

Back on the markers again and, for whatever reason, I've developed a taste for drawing portraits.  Today, though, rather than looking for photos of Facebook friends, I went for a still from a Western.

This is based on a shot from Once Upon A Time In The West, a film that was also the inspiration behind my most popular painting.  Unlike with my Western paintings, I drew this without using a grid, and it shows.  It's not a great Henry Fonda likeness but it's unmistakeably my artwork.  I like the look of weariness in the eyes, even if it wasn't present in the original still.  And the use of purple, blue and bright pink in the skin tones (along with greys and flesh tones) seemed to work well.

And, you know what?  This one’s up for sale.  It's about 5.5 inches by 8 and would come in a wooden frame without a mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment