Tuesday 15 September 2020

Jimmy Page

Before I get back to the paints, some portraits with markers.  And after the Rush collection turned out so well, I thought I'd go slightly more mainstream.  Not as far as Take That, which really would be selling out, but just a little step inside to Led Zep.

First up to get the Artistic Actuary treatment is Jimmy Page.  It's based on a more recent photo of Jimmy, in his old and distinguished phase rather than his younger days.  I've managed to get a bit of that distinction and wisdom in there.  The likeness isn't perfect but I think this is down to those weird looking hands.  If I crop the picture right down to the face, it looks a lot more like Jimmy.

Still, this isn't a complete work.  There are still three more band members to be drawn and they should all be judged as a set rather than individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment