Monday 16 August 2021

The Gusti Leder Yannick Stationery Case

First a bit of news.  As well as putting detailed posts up here, I share my artwork in other places.  One of those places is Instagram where the big news is that I picked up my 100th follower this weekend.  Most of those followers seem to be actuaries, so maybe I'm on a master list somewhere of actuaries to follow on Instagram?  Who knows?   And I see now that my followers have jumped to 104.  Does having over 100 followers mean you start popping up randomly on people's feeds more often?  Again, who knows?

Anyway, on to the main point of this post.  I've spent some birthday credits on this piece of gear.  My inktense pencils had started to rattle around a bit in their tin.  Not side to side (never a problem) but up and down as a result of getting shorter with use.  The tin also has a nasty habit of popping open at random times and I worry that one day I'll forget to clutch the tin tightly enough and all the pencils will fall on the floor and smash to pieces.  A third reason for change is that I'd rather keep all the extra gear like water brushes and a pencil sharpener with the inktense pencils than separately.

So I've been looking around for something to keep the pencils in.  I wanted something with elastic straps to hold the pencils individually and I wanted room for all my extra gear.  Most of the pencil wallets/boxes/cases out there seem to be for people with much bigger collections than my set of 24: this case was the only one I could find on Amazon that satisfied all my requirements.  I'd recommend going via the manufacturer rather than Amazon, though, to get cheaper prices and a wider range of colours.

So, on to the case.  It's made from buffalo leather and has two pages inside it that fold outwards.  Here's what it looks like filled:

So, inside the case I have:
- the 24 inktense pencils
- three water brushes - the fourth has had to be consigned to my spares drawer
- a rollerball pen
- a clutch pencil
- sandpaper for sharpening the clutch pencil - maybe I should upgrade to a clutch with an inbuilt sharpener at some point
- a normal pencil sharpener for the inktense pencils
- a new set of swatches, small enough to fit in the case
- a putty eraser and I must say I'm feeling proud at my idea of storing it inside the cut off ends of two plastic pipettes.

This should definitely do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment