Tuesday 6 October 2020

Ayame

Back to the figure drawing and inktense pencils.  I wanted to come up with something with lots of white highlights on the flesh.  And at the same time, I thought I'd do something with winky blues and violets (with a tiny touch of red) rather than keeping churning out rainbow people.  Oh, and I deliberately picked out a pose that would allow me to put in a huge sweeping line.

When I finally master the knack of being able to lay down energetic gesture drawings that are in proportion, I'll be the master of figure drawing.  But I'm still having trouble with proportions.  Despite taking a few attempts and using pencil measurements, this is still not right.  The head and arm look too small for the body.  And all the corrections mean that the picture has lost all the energy that was in the original gesture drawing.

Catch this one out of the corner of your eye and it looks like a dog.  So I'm wondering whether I've caught Ayame part way through transforming into a werewolf.

<Edit: I originally put this one up for sale but looking at what I've managed to produce as at September 2021,  this is a long way short of my best work.>

No comments:

Post a Comment