Thursday 1 October 2020

Brie


It's cold and wet outside, so no chance of any painting.  Instead, I'm indoors with the inktense pencils and plenty of Models just waiting to be drawn.  Today it's Brie.

I picked this pose because I wanted to have a go at drawing a back.  While the back came out generally OK, I think this one suffers a bit from not being a very energetic pose - there are no sweeping action lines there to grab the imagination.

I also wanted to have a go at mainly using green.  I guess it came out OK.  My figures that use blues and purples look better but I'm not sure whether that's down to the choices of colour or the better poses.

And finally, just to be different, I used a charcoal grey pencil to add shadows and a curtain backdrop.

Another highlight is the left foot - I like how there's a blurred edge between the two feet.  Maybe it's a message that I need to let the edges speak for themselves and not add in these sweeping indigo edge lines afterwards.

This one feels like a warmup to my second drawing of the day.  I'm starting to understand why figure drawing classes work the way they do, starting off with loads of short poses so people can get into the swing of things.

<Edit: I originally put this one up for sale but looking at what I've managed to produce as at September 2021, this is a long way short of my best work.>

No comments:

Post a Comment