Saturday 12 December 2020

Kevin

After all the dog drawing I needed a break last weekend but I'm back with the inktense pencils today.

To start off, here's a new model, Kevin.  I don't do that many male nudes but I thought I'd have a go today. I quite liked this pose, even if Kevin's not every woman's fantasy.

He's not perfect but he is my first inking of the day.  The left arm isn't great and there are shadows on the right thigh and shoulder that feel a bit too hard edged.  There's not much detail in the genitals, hands, feet and face but I'm happy to leave these to the imagination.  The highlights for me are the face and the invisible left shoulder - in both cases, less is more.

I could be accused of going through the motions in this one.  Why do I always reach for purple first and then drop in reds and blues?  For my next inking I need to choose a different colour scheme.  And maybe go back again to that idea of dabbing on the water with kitchen paper rather than using a brush.

Anyway, Kevin's up for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment