Friday 28 May 2021

Kevin At The Interview

It's too hot outside today: watercolour paint will dry far too quickly.  So I'm indoors with the inktense pencils.

It's back to one of my favourite models, Kevin.  I drew him quite loosely, not worrying too much about shape and angles but concentrating more on rhythm and gesture.  I wanted to stay away from blues and violets today - they're my fastest shrinking pencils.  So I started my colours with charcoal grey, then added bark and balked earth.  And I couldn't resist throwing in some leaf green and shiraz.  And then I added all the water.

Best bits about this are the face and the shapes between the arms and the left leg, all of them spot on.  Worst bits?  Maybe the left foot is misshaped (I need to leave feet out of these) and the bottom undersized.  But not too bad overall - inktense pencils are great.

Kevin's up for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment