Monday 20 September 2021

Emilio Largo

Next up in the Bond villain collection is Emelio Largo, aka Number Two (I believe).  He was played by Adolfo Celi in Thunderball.

I picked a photo source with a large dark area as usual but thought I'd do something different and stay away from the black.  Instead I put in all the dark areas with indigo blue.  I then followed up in all the next darkest areas with sky blue and finally put blue pearl in all the remaining areas that I didn't want to be white, trying to get a three dimensional effect in the cheekbones.

The worst thing about this one is the mouth which came out horizontal when it should have been sloping down to the right but I think I've done a decent enough rescue job there.  The likeness isn’t perfect, with Emilio looking a bit too young and Paul Newmanesque but I don't mind that: this is my take on Emilio and not a portrait of Adolfo.  The blue in the jacket looks good, with some sensible mark directions giving a 3D effect and looking like pinstripes.  And the whole blue monotone colour scheme looks great, imparting a 1960s vibe.

Overall assessment?  A big success.  Emilio walks straight into the Bond villains collection and sits at the high table.

No comments:

Post a Comment